10 Ways To Beat The California Heat
Beat the Heat
1. Take a swimWe know you've been working out to get ready for the beach, but if you can't make it to the beach, put on that new swimsuit and take a swim at your local pool or clubhouse. Make a day of it and bring a picnic lunch and invite some friends.
2. See a movieFlickr-marlon-bunday There are some great movies releasing this summer and a great way to beat the California heat is to take a trip to the theater! Make sure you grab a rewards club card to your local cinema to wrack up points for free popcorn, candy, and even free tickets!
3. Go to the beachThe California coast is the perfect place to beat the heat. The breeze coming off of the ocean is sure to keep you cool. Pack a lunch and bring a Frisbee or volleyball and spend the day at the beach!
4. Hang out at StarbucksWorried about your AC bill? Take a break from your living room and go to Starbucks to enjoy a cold beverage and free AC. Spending time at the 'Bucks will give you the perfect opportunity to do a little reading, work from home, or spend time Pinterest-planning your future wedding.
5. Visit a museumFlickr-John Martinez Pavliga [UC Berkeley Museum of Paleontology]
California is rich in history from the Gold Rush fields of Northern California to the incredible missions of Southern California. No matter your preference or location, take some time to beat the heat by visiting your local museum or taking a day trip out of town. It'll keep you cool and keep you in the know.
6. Take a driveGas prices being what they are, we don't often take the time to get out on the open road. The California summer heat may be enough of an incentive to push you out the door and into your vehicle. Roll down the windows (or put the top down) and blast some music while taking the scenic route to a cooler summer. From Pinterest via wherethesidewalkbegins.blogspot.com
7. Grab a drinkWhether it's a fruity concoction from Jamba Juice or something with a little more kick (read: margarita) one of the best ways to cool down on a hot summer day is to grab a cool drink.
8.Go out for FroYo
When the heat goes up it's time to go out. Taking a detour to your favorite FroYo (Frozen Yogurt) place to create the best topping combination is a great way to beat the heat. If you'd prefer ice cream, that's just as good. Either way, coolness will be on its way.From Pinterest via justataste.com